Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about building a house in the near future, and I was interested in hearing some price ranges that might be feasable for a slab. I'm not sure how slab prices are quoted, and I was hoping that I could get a ball park figure of what I might need to get started.

I don't have any plans yet, but let's just say a slab in the neighborhood of 2000 sq ft poured monolithic. All labor that will be involved and everything done as far as the slab itself goes. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what I will be looking at for this and how itt is figured?

I want to be sure I am on the same page as the slab contractors.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
No offence JS but it is amazing how often we get this kind of question. This is why you will get some sarcastic replies. (Which is what I usually do to questions like this) This forum is primarily for professional contractors to discuss stuff amongst ourselves but we are always getting pricing questions from homeowners. You the homeowner demand that we do our homework and background work that never gets billed, now it is your turn.

Understand as well that if you are a professional in another trade participating and contributing on another part of this forum you would be accepted and your question would be answered more or less.

Having said that, if I was in your shoes I would want to do my research as well....

Here is my suggestion

1....use the search feature on this section of the forum...in and hour you will know more about monolithics than you want to know.
2. Call 3 concrete contractors and ask them your questions...and then get them to bid your job when you are ready. As long as the contractors know that you are going to hire professionals and not try to do it yourself they will be glad to talk to you.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Was hoping to get some advice from people that are actually doing this type of thing. Didn't mean to interefere with any contractor discussion. Sorry if I'm out of place.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Thanks. Was hoping to get some advice from people that are actually doing this type of thing. Didn't mean to interefere with any contractor discussion. Sorry if I'm out of place.
I hope i didn't come off to severe....joasis is right...as usual....just hire the GC that will give you the best Value...he will not be the cheapest, he may even be the most expensive, but he is the guy you are looking for.

Most of what you ask has been discussed fairly recently as well if you do a little looking.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hire a GC at cost plus 20% and give him an additional 20% of the savings that you realize under the contractual budgeted amount. Everbody wins.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.