Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'd be Leary to do that due to compressing of the foam. Here concrete is almost always cracked, the control joints are usually 1/16" gap.

I've done raised concrete floors over "structural foam"...... the building had a 16' raised access floor, but in the bathrooms we had to pour knee walls, place layers of 2' foam, and then metal pan deck and then 4 inches of concrete.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I stopped by there yesterday, project going slow, I figured they would have capped a slab over it, no, I think they are going to have us grind the glue and put down carpet tiles, still couple weeks away.

Floor Property Flooring Wall Tile

·
Brownchickenbrowncow
952 Posts
Just poured 9,00 sq ft minimum 2" to upwards of 4".... Weld crete and 6x6 welded wire. Mix was designed for this with 3/8" and gallon half of shrink reducer additive per yard.

Going to receive a grind, stain and seal next week. One area we did 12" void foam and 5" on top to compensate some low areas that were brought to new elevation. Those areas received 4 bar 12"EW. 3/8"expansion Foam at all perpendicular surfaces, and saw cut joints every 400 sq. ft.

All in a days work.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well we ended up carpeting over this existing slab, ramp etc. Just doesn't make sense, learned some things along the way, kinda like flooring, you isolate the slab or tie into it. Thanks for the assistance and learning. Floor Flooring Property Room Tile Floor Flooring Tile Hardwood Cat

Floor Flooring Wood Hardwood Tile

21 - 27 of 27 Posts