Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need skylight installation for my roof in Greensboro, NC. I want to know if there is any problem in setting up skylight on the roof and its pros and cons.

Please share your opinion if you have it on your roof.

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
I have installed over a hundred of them without problem. Its a personal preference.

I have seen many bad installs that left people sour on them.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Skylight is going to let in heat (summer) and let out heat (winter) increasing your electric bill. It is also most likely to fail after 10 to 12 years in. Drones will be able to see into your house. Pros are that it will lighten up your house. Overall they are nice to have but they do cost money up front and under roof maintenance.

Tony
Pro Long Roof Care

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Skylights provide a lot of benefits, most notable is the help they give illuminating the house without using electricity. Skylights allow natural light to easily enter your home providing a well-lit environment and transforms the ambience of a room, thus it incorporates an added relaxed feeling.

Bringing Skylights into your house is also an excellent method for increasing ventilation in your home. Ventilated Skylights allow fresh air to flow through the dwelling bringing all the health benefits of nature indoors.
The OP's roof was taken off by a tornado over 3 years ago so he has plenty of natural light and ventilation..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.