Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I was hoping some of you might have done work similar to this, or might have seen a picture or witnessed the situation that I am tackling tomorrow. Tomorrow I am putting in a skirtboard that wraps around a bullnosed exterior corner, but the angle of the stairs changes drastically twice in the corner itself (the stairs essentially spiral from the corner). The skirt board is 12.5" tall with a 3.5" profile. My idea initially was to wrap the corner making a few transitions, but after laying it out I realized that I would not only lose a lot of the profile, but it would simply look funny. My current idea is to make two runs of skirt board, the bottom run to the corner diving into the stair, then the top run with a return that finished on top of the bottom run. Hopefully some of you may have run across this, or seen someone run across it and tackled it successfully. I am going to mspaint the scenario, hopefully it will help explain it. thanks!

I know, my mspaint skills are pretty awesome, if any of you are impressed I am more than willing to write a tutorial :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts