Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
A little fabrication will go a long way. You have not said which sweeper this is. Is it a simple sweeper, or is it one of the bucket sweepers? We run a few bucket sweepers and I hate the damn thing. Im not sure how you will mount a water tank on it and not cause issues when you dump.

We team up our skid steer sweepers with a water truck usually, and that seems to do a decent job.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have seen many modifications to brooms over the years. One of the better I have seen was a piece of ADS drainage pipe used to make more of a broom housing. This was mounted on the front of the broom and more or less funneled the dust right back towards the ground. Team something like that up with a sprayer, you should be in good shape.

Bucket collection sweeper struck again today. A new to us "operator" happened to gather up about a 3x5 patch of asphalt on a city patch that is less than 4 months old. That and he hit a water valve box and toasted that too. One of these days the office will listen and hire me some decent help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.