Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What types of signage are you guys using?
Do you have signs on your vehicles? Do you use yard signs?

Also, what information do you put on your vans/trucks? Phone #s, website?

Here is a van I designed before I moved to Florida: Van Pic

-Nathan

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
We have signs on all our trucks. All trucks and signs are the same color.

We have 2 types of lawn signs. Some are 3' x 3' steel framed signs, with matching color as our trucks and logos. Some are 2' x 2' weaker signs again matching color of our trucks and logos.

We don't put signs on every job, but most jobs get the signs.

We always have our company name on the signs, ofcoarse. We also put our phone number. Some signs say "roofing and siding" some say "Another quality roof by {company name}"

·
Registered
178 Posts
hatchet said:
I had a bunch of 3'x2' signs with phone, and names - they were mounted in heavy timber frames - very nice looking.
We use signs on the trucks (Company name, address, phone number, license number, slogan (in English and French), and web-site address), each job has a 3'x2' sign (name, phone number, web-site address, license number) at start, and for one month after finish, sales people have a company jacket with the logo. AND the installers have small table with our brochures and business cards set up close to the sidewalk, since we get many people coming by and looking at what we're doing. The job foreman has standing instructions to call me or one of the salespeople if one of the on-lookers is a "hot" prospect.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
pgriz said:
AND the installers have small table with our brochures and business cards set up close to the sidewalk, since we get many people coming by and looking at what we're doing. The job foreman has standing instructions to call me or one of the salespeople if one of the on-lookers is a "hot" prospect.
Brilliant idea about the table with brochures. Our foreman also calls us if someone is asking questions or seems "hot".

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Well, still working on it, but in the works are:

~Business cards of course,
~Shirts with name of company,
~Vinyl on truck doors and on rear window,
~Yard signs with the ability to get descriptive of exactly what we are doing there. "Another fine: (fill in the blank: Kitchen, bathroom, basement, deck) job being performed by Rocky Mountain Custom Home Improvements. While we are in the neighborhood please contact us about your project!" I want a brochure box on it just like a realtor sign so somebody can walk up and grab something with info on it.
~After the completion of the project a customer satisfaction survey and a would you refer us to your friends and relatives on it.
~A phone call 3 days after project is completed and another 30 days after just to make sure there isn't a single thing that came up on the project after it was done that left a bad taste in their mouth and would keep them from referring me.

Web site name is going to be prominently displayed, as much or more so than the phone number. I hear from more and more successful people in this business that a lot of their customers know a bit about them from taking a look at their website before they ever call them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts