Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good detail for where the siding meets the soffit on a vinyl sided home? I've seen and/or done F-Channel, Jchannel with aluminum L bend behind the soffit, Lineal/frieze detail, etc. I know there are guys one here who do some awesome siding work, just wondering if there is some minimalist detail that has a nice look to it.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
:jester: Vinyl Utility trim butting to the soffit j is a very minimal trim detail.

·
Always Learning
8,747 Posts
Crane has a nice finish board accessory. Their combo f receives the soffit and the their " board snaps in to cover the siding.

·
Sophisticated Siding Guy.
528 Posts

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Sophisticated Siding Guy.
528 Posts
Now that's pretty slick. You use that on the eave side as well?
Yes and No. It really depends on the house layout. With Hardie it's a no brainer. Eliminates the need for caulk.

You lose the lock possibility with vinyl since it's not J-channel. Your only option is to caulk the top piece lock ridge. I know some frown on it but if you use a good dab of say NP-1 it never fails. I find it holds better than the snap-lock over time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.