Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
I've been hearing that alot of contractors are now useing crown staplers to put siding on. Has anyone herd of this and if so what brand of crown stapler do you recommend.
You might want to post an intro in the intro section.

Also keep an eye on you spelling before the spelling Nazis around here jump you. :thumbsup:

The only siding i do is Board and Baton so no clue as to an answer to your question.

Reactions: Imaginetht1

·
Registered
254 Posts
I use a sheeting stapler for vinyl & have used it for aluminum also. I have used low crown stapler for vertical aluminum on gable back in '95. Oly time did any aluminum siding on a hail damage clame.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I knew a guy once who called something a "crown stapler". That expression seems odd to me. Certainly, there are "narrow crown" staplers (with 1/4" or 9/32" wide "crowns"), "medium crown" staplers (with 1/2" or 9/16" wide "crowns") and "wide crown" staplers (with 7/8" or 1" wide "crowns"). The "crown" part seems meaningless without adding narrow, medium, wide or the actual spacing of the legs of the staple.

Reactions: Dustincoc

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
We used to use staplers for siding, was nice, and fast. The boss stopped letting us use the staplers because by the time he'd show up to the job to start working (we were all paid piece meal) we would be almost done and he didn't make any money if he didn't put some of the siding on.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
:blink: You never switch it up above the belly band or in the gables??
All I side is 1 story lean-to Ag buildings. No gables of belly bands to speak of.

·
Registered
818 Posts
How do you staple the vinyl siding and still allow expansion/contraction to happen?

·
Registered
123 Posts
How do you staple the vinyl siding and still allow expansion/contraction to happen?
Like anthill said, one leg in hole slot, the other above the hem. Need adjustable gun so you can have space for slippage, same as you would for hand nailing. But you can adjust a little tighter for soffits where you don't want them vibrating in the wind.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
mrcharles said:

Bumper Floor Automotive exterior

Bumper Floor Automotive exterior

Pink Red Gadget Magenta Electronic device

I just cut the tip, so it fits perfectly. I have the tip set all the way out so it leaves a gap and run the psi at about 80. I was thinking of just welding a bead on the tip to add a little more distance so I could run at 95/100 like usual. I got the ridged for a test because it was the cheapest with select fire, so I'll be getting something nicer this year

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.