Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing the cedar and brick looks pretty straight forward, although my pricing is going to be a "hope it's in the ballpark guess". My question is how to deal with all the cables and service head and meter.

I may be able to break brick and cut siding around the fasteners in such a way as to get it off. But it is to be in Tyvek ready shape. Seems that all the wires need to come off. Is it neccessary to call the power utility?

I will attempt to post a picture or two.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Out my way (Jersey) we call 'Public Service' (utility company), - - they're out in a matter of a few hours to remove and stand off temporarily, - - then just call 'em back when ready, - - and they re-attach it, - - no charge, - - but big fine if you try it yourself. It's a public safety issue, - - call 'em.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Same out here in Mo, although you'll have to ask who provides their power, some of the co-ops charge a minimum fee, like $25 or something, but definitely a no-no to touch it yourself, big time fine!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Same here in FL. NC too.
The power Co. typically owns everything to and including the meter. It's their responsibility and liability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts