Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is crazy that I have to spend another $400 on a coil gun so I can shoot 1/4 inch longer nails than my roofing gun. That said, I have two options in my town. I can buy Duo Fast for $379 or Hitachi for $379. My last Duo Fast framing gun blew a gasket in less than 6 months. My current framing gun is Hitachi. The only things that makes me consider duo fast again are the belt hook and the money goes to a smaller local lumber yard instead of a big box. opinions?

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
we have 4 of the hitachi siding guns and their great for their age.. use em for cedar shingles, harti.. underlay.. 2 of em jamb up occasionally but nothing a good cleaning doesnt help solve

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the Duo Fast siding gun and a cap stapler too. I am a sucker for that $10 belt hook. I even bought a rigid framing gun once just for that hook. It lasted for maybe three months.
Thanks for the advice every one. Maybe next time around I will have the wisdom to follow it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have two Hitachi's and have used the Bostitch siding guns in the past. I liked the consistency of depth control with the Hitachi guns better. I installed a $5 aluminum hook from Ace tool and I really like it now. I have heard lots of good about the Makita, but I have never used one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.