Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
I've seen it a few times. my opinion is that it is'nt revolutionary enough to warrant a change. if you use a high quality panel and have a good installer,this is just more confusion. seems as though they are using a 25' alside panel.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen it a few times. my opinion is that it is'nt revolutionary enough to warrant a change. if you use a high quality panel and have a good installer,this is just more confusion. seems as though they are using a 25' alside panel.
I think it's a heartland panel

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
your seamless ran a straighter wall than the SD?
Alside has a 25' panel with solid pvc reinforcement that gives a really straight wall.
0.50 panel :clap:with a smooth finish. it was a true .050.
A WG .046 panel is really .040 with striations totaling .046. IOW the backboone is only .040, they measure the thickness at the highest average point. So the seamless was 20% thicker. It ran really straight.

This SM system has to be shimmed which to me is a PIA.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Garbage. Never used it but doing the way that has worked since the beginning of siding, you would be done already.

Maybe they used it because they left their tool belts at home?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
What a lame video. Two guys installing siding on a square wall, no inside corners, slopes or any tricky areas. A beginner could do that.

I question the details. In my experience, the flashing, the trim and all the details that really give a siding job integrity are the time consuming areas.

Once you get to the actual siding installation, that's the no brainer area.

Sorry....... just a sales gimmick in my opinion:no:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it has an application over masonary where you have to fir out anyway. There is some benefit to having a small air space between sidings buit I have repeatedly ripped 35+ yo aluminum jobs and found no rot anywhere.

It's just another sales gimmick like the permastraight used in the 29XL.

Not to mention that the RB they're using is next to useless due to the fact that there's no air space on the back side. RB's need air space to function properly.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Just because you invent something and patent it, doesn't mean it's a good idea or practical for that matter. There may be limited situations where this product would be feasible, such as over a smooth block wall, but you still have to deal with trim accessories, etc. I'd just as soon fir it, sheath it, paper it and move forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
A good installer can be siding over a crooked wall and keep it straight and smooth. Using something like the siding master would not be necessary.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
It is amazing how all of these contractors are giving their opinions on the Siding Master system who have never even tried the system.

If you want a non-biased review of the system by a "true craftsman" who has actually used the system read the link below.
So,who is this mysterious "true craftsman".........Lady Contractor?.

I have my opinion,you have a product to sell.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Obviously, with this great new system, you don't need to be a true craftsman to install that vinyl siding stuff.

That is usually the point of these things. Less labor=cheaper labor=more profits.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just because you invent something and patent it, doesn't mean it's a good idea or practical for that matter. There may be limited situations where this product would be feasible, such as over a smooth block wall, but you still have to deal with trim accessories, etc. I'd just as soon fir it, sheath it, paper it and move forward.
I would like to see the finished product on this one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.