Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I dig this place.

Grumpy said:
I like that awning combination window on the second photo... Nice to have another siding contractor here.
I am a full fledged carpenter since "84" but I do siding here and there. You get good w/ the break after a while.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
LOL tell my carpenter that. He hates using the break. He once used two whole coils to cap 10 windows. We all got a kick out of it except my boss and him because he was called scrapper for a few days. He said "Metal is too soft, I need something hard like wood."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 rolls of coil stock Yikes

Grumpy said:
LOL tell my carpenter that. He hates using the break. He once used two whole coils to cap 10 windows. We all got a kick out of it except my boss and him because he was called scrapper for a few days. He said "Metal is too soft, I need something hard like wood."
lol

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I can do wonders with my brake, and really love to use it. Have you ever seen someone do a four sided birdbox at the corner of the house in one pc. of all. looks really cool.
Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought a Tapco Pro 14 with my partner after wearing out the Windy we had. I wanted the Pro 19 but he opted to be cheap for $100. Anyone else have the Pro 14?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I reccomend buying a 19 inch brake just for the ability to easily use 24 inch coils . Otherwise there is little benifit to owning a deeper brake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used to have a tapco pro II, it got caught in a fire and I bought a Van Mark Mark 1. I have been using 14" brakes for 10 years, and as of yet, I have not found a bend I was unable to bend. As far as being able to cut metal the 19" would be quicker, since u could push it a lot further in. Many times I only need an inch or 2 more than I have available, so I end up moving to a cutoff point further back. That is when I ask myself why I bought a 14" brake, lol.

2b2s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts