Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hired a contractor for siding and window replacement I am having doubts the job was done correctly. Thanks for your input. PLYGEM SHAKE Siding and vinyl replacment windows. Pictured is a new window installed. Link to more photos click link siding

Window Human body Sleeve Grey Rectangle
Fixture Grey Rectangle Wall Composite material
Rectangle Road surface Wood Mesh Line
Plant Property Window Building Tree
Wood Door Grey Window Flooring
Brown Wood Window Building Floor
Building Wood Brickwork Brick Wall
Window Human body Sleeve Grey Rectangle
Wood Shade Rectangle Grey Material property
Wood Material property Flooring Composite material Tints and shades
Water Wood Fixture Fluid Gas

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
7,130 Posts
INCOMING MEANINGFUL COMMENT:

This site is restricted to those employed professionally in the building trades.

We are not permitted or desirous of assisting diyers here.

You can post your question at diychatroom.com

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Some pictures don’t look particularly good. What is this supposed to be showing? If you have a constriction business you need to figure out what’s going on.

Wood Road surface Asphalt Brick Flooring

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
7,130 Posts
Why don’t you tell us a bit about yourself then?

What kind of work does your company do?

Was this a legit sub contractor?

Is this on your house? 😗

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dude it sounds like your just trying to be a troll. Please I thought I was joining a group where we can share each other's ideas. No need for it.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
7,130 Posts
I deal with subs all the time who really know not much at all about anything beyond their trade.

I think us GCs tend to forget that sometimes, because we don’t have a choice but to know quite A bit about every single thing that goes into a building. 👍

Sometimes I wish I was a single trade sub. 👍😳🤣

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
7,130 Posts
I personally am not interested in picking apart another contractors work.

There’s two sides to every story.

I had a customer who had a friend come over and tell him all my $)(t was wrong, until myself and the inspector laughed in his face and told him he was full of $)(t.

I’m not gonna be that guy.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I deal with subs all the time who really know not much at all about anything beyond their trade.
I don’t know any carps that don’t know anything carp related. Not to mention knowledge about any trade for that matter. Where I came from, a carp wasn’t one that did trim only. Or worked w/wood only. Regional maybe

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys your busting bubbles for no reason. I just signed up for this forum today because I have a problem I want some advice about. Comments and criticism fine. I hope to add value to the forum in the future. That's all. Sorry if I offended anyone. Can we move on and all get along.
No harm intended. I'm not asking to bash anyone. Just solid advice on what can be better or what is acceptable or different ways to do things.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts