Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 19 of april i broke my right hip x 3 and a total of 11 ribs 7 front 4 back all on the left side they fixed my hip with screws and 3 plates the ribs they left to do there own thing . got out of the hosptial on the 25 .
i just got my bill $119673 that is just sick. yes i have insurance
ps it was a car accident:no:

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
pappagor said:
the 19 of april i broke my right hip x 3 and a total of 11 ribs 7 front 4 back all on the left side they fixed my hip with screws and 3 plates the ribs they left to do there own thing . got out of the hosptial on the 25 . i just got my bill $119673 that is just sick. yes i have insurance ps it was a car accident:no:
You should be happy you was not one of the lot who lost their insurance due to obuma care.

Curious though was the accident your fault

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy sh*t. Wishing you a speedy & healthy recovery. I hope you've got some good & reliable guys to keep your business running smoothly.
yes i do but i backed out of 17 homes that i was to start may 12.
have cut way back just hopping that one of the big homes that i have been working on dose not pop up and say start today:laughing:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes BC it dose but got a lot of oxy.
the bad thing is the leg cramps i get. at my daughter graduation from col
on the 16 i let out a cry of pain and had 3 med at my side in about 3 sec

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Pappagor, the bill the hospital shows you almost certainly isn't the amount your insurance company will pay or even they're billed, they'll have a "most favored nation status" contract with the hospital, I.e. whatever the blue cross of Minn. or some other big insurer negotiates 40% of cash bills is typical, it will vary.

Thus if you have a copay, it'll be based on the cash bill I.e. 80/20 plan you'd pay ~23K$ your insurer pay the balance of 40%(47K$-your 23K$)~24K$ on your 120K$ bill. believe it or not.

Any other businesses that priced and billed like a hospital/ insurance company would end up in Federal Prisons.

Third party payers and the Federal laws & regulations(medicare & cade) have so perverted the health care businesses it is like Alice in Wonderland on LSD. crazy Squared.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My mom had an accident April 12, and broke her left hip and left wrist. She's doing fine now, got her cast off her arm this past week, and she walks anywhere she wants to now.

Keep your head up ! :thumbsup: We'll be praying for your speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you also have insurance to pay your wages if your hurt?

it doesnt cost very much...i think i have like $4k a month.....if you dont have it i recommend getting it for next time
no i dont i can get by on my rental unit income
i just talked to the guy that is going to frame the 17 homes that i was going to due want to tall about pumped up guy his first time incharge of that big of a job :clap:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Wow that sounds like you've been through hell . Good luck with your recovery . I've had major back surgery and know exactly how you feel when you get those god awful muscle cramps . When I feel them coming on I try to drink tonic water, has quinine in it and sometimes helps lesson the cramps . I just heard athletes take a tspn of mustard but haven't tried that yet .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts