Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys post any types of showers that you have out in that your clients are really happy with. My clients were looking at a tiled shower but do not know if that is within there price range. Its new construction. They like that type of look.

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecata...18102&prod_num=702010-L&section=2&category=12

They really like the look of this shower. With the tiled floor and all. But please make some suggestions of anything you know about. Thanks,

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but unless you plan on donating the labor to build a custom tiled shower the cheapest alternative for your customer is a fiberglass surround. In the middle would be solid surface corian like panels.

Custom, beautiful and value adding construction isn't free, it is going to cost them, but they will get all the money invested back eventually. If they spend $2000 they are investing $2000 into their house and the value of it. If they spend $5000 they are investing $5000 into the value of their house. Whatever they invest they will get as a return. A custom tiled shower is worth more in resale then a fiberglass one, it's as simple as that.

Start searching the websites of Lasco, Sterling, Mustee and the like for your choices.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Flor, that first one reminds me of the backroom of a club that I went to years ago. LOL
I'm seeing all of this clear glass in todays enclosures, who cleans this? Why is this? I might understand myself and Ol#1 back in our 20's but who wants to see old folks taking a shower? Not me and I is one. Ol'#2 is not exactly thrilling in detail either.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Flor, that first one reminds me of the backroom of a club that I went to years ago. LOL
I'm seeing all of this clear glass in todays enclosures, who cleans this? Why is this? I might understand myself and Ol#1 back in our 20's but who wants to see old folks taking a shower? Not me and I is one. Ol'#2 is not exactly thrilling in detail either.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Ol'#2 is not exactly thrilling in detail either.
Your right, but what you lose in detail, you gain in affordability.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
LOL.

On a serious contractor note - Holcam a major shower door maker, just in case you don't recognize the name has a nice product, for $49.00 you can add their special coating to any of their glass shower enclosures or doors at the factory, it basically allows you not to have to wipe the glass after a shower. It works pretty well, I have it on my glass shower at home.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Rain-X works well too, that's what I use on my 'not clear' doors.

Flor, one thing that I have learned in this traipse through life is that nothing stays constant. The entire journey is fluid, everything changes. I still weigh the same as when I went through Selective Services, the weight just rearranged itself as the years went by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts