Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike.
Hydroban and Aqua Defense are almost same products.
I am thinking to do this instead of linen.

·
Registered
668 Posts
aqua d and hydro barrier are the same. If you are doing a single layer with one mud bed use hydroban. Plus aqua d dries much darker so its hard to mark layout.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I've done the hydroban with the laticrete drain.

Does Aqua D have a drain? Is that Mapei?

Hard to keep all the names straight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you smeagol
I did it with Aqua Defense; it was a time saver. In last minute owner decided to go with build in shower pan instead of acrylic one, lol.
Yes, it dried dark green, but I have a silver marker for lay out.
I started wall tiles already.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pictures?
LOL
Well, stupid me, didn't even think about pictures. I am in so rush to finish this, picture of dark green was last thing on my mind.
I'll snap some tomorrow and post it.
But I can post shower valve body connections that I had to make for this job.
Last minute change also; instead of regular shower valve, they decided to go with multi-sprayer one.
I tried to tell them that water pressure may be to low for it but they still wanted to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to make things interesting
Valve was order on line. It came with no instructions for clearance, so I had to put hard board, connect sprayer and estimate if I am OK. repeat that for shower and hand held, lol
Also, clearance for sprayers, shower and hand held shower are all different.
Sprayers have to be flushed with finished hard board,
Hand held has to be flushed with finished tile, and
Shower had to be flushed with studs.
I don't know for spout, since I plugged it, lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have all that on an exterior wall? Are you in a warmer climate?
Do you consider New York warmer climate?
Not really, lol
But it's not Montana, either.
Those are 2x6 studs so I added extra insulation behind the valve and there is a chimney about 24" on the left.
If this thing ever get frozen, than we will have much bigger problem than those frozen water line.
It would be like
Welcome to Ice Age

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Triple R said:
LOL Well, stupid me, didn't even think about pictures. I am in so rush to finish this, picture of dark green was last thing on my mind. I'll snap some tomorrow and post it. But I can post shower valve body connections that I had to make for this job. Last minute change also; instead of regular shower valve, they decided to go with multi-sprayer one. I tried to tell them that water pressure may be to low for it but they still wanted to do it.

Are they push fit fittings I'm seeing on that valve setup? Hard to tell on my phone.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts