Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a GC and am in need of a trailer to transport windows and sliders. Times are tough and have signed a sizeable contract to install windows. I'm thinking 5x12 dual axle. But what do I no, not much. I wan't someone everyday installers imput. Thank you in advance

·
Scooter
304 Posts
Tandem axel is the way to go. On larger window projects I use a 6.5x20 trailer with "A" frames. We have fit upwards of 40 units on this trailer. I like the idea of being able to pull off the new and load up the old as you go. You can build some "A" frames for pretty cheap.

For medium jobs, up to about 10 units, they go into the enlosed trailer. Small jobs get thrown in the van.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The main thing you want to look for besides GVW and the size to fit your needs is, a good hold down track system on the sides to keep your load secure while traveling.

Usually dealers who sell RVs and trailers will have catalogues with various hold - down options that retrofit into any trailer. Our tralers that we use have the ramp back door. This is a great convenience.

·
Scooter
304 Posts
Having the supplier deliver is the normal route. But when it benefits us for scheduling we will pick them up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.