Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Maybe you two could try them out for us :). I have been thinking about using a ppc company but I'm just not ready to give up doing it myself first.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't been on this forum for quite some time, today I had some free time and I noticed this question. My opinion is don't do anything with this company, don't give them one penny of your money. I signed up with yodel.com because their sales people called me and promised me 34-70 leads per month for about $600 per month, they wanted the money for 3 months up front, of course. I took the bait and signed up with them. And this is what I got:

They proceeded to build me a "custom" website which is obviously taken from one of their templates (http://www.cabinetrymorristown.com) that looked like it took them all of 2 minutes to do.

I asked for them to market me as a full service kitchen remodeler and for the first 2 weeks I must have spent over 30 hours on the phone explaining to them what is a kitchen remodeler, because they seem to think painting cabinets, refinishing cabinets, and assembling Ikea cabinets is the same as kitchen remodeling.

After the first 2 weeks and countless hours on the phone with what seems to be inexperienced minimum wage workers I gave up trying improve their "custom built" site that they made for me.

Fast forward to today which is my last week with yodel and to this day I have not received 1 lead. I got about 20 telemarketer phone calls, calls for the old owner of the phone number they assigned to my campaign, 2 calls for services that I do not offer like cabinet painting and refinishing, and not one single call for a kitchen remodel estimate.

2 days ago I get a call from an account manager at Yodle asking me how things are going because our contract is almost at the expiration date. I told him my story and he did pull up my account and realized how much crap they put me through. He was very sympathetic and offered me a deeply discounted rate of $300 per month for them to continue doing what they do for me. At which point I asked him "why wold I give you any more money? You couldn't get me results at $600 per month, how can you get me results at $300 per month?

This company is absolutely horrible, you will have better luck if you go with Home Advisor or Reliable Remodeler, yea, I know, that speaks volumes for the quality of this service.

You will have better luck if you spend the money on making 100,000 copies of a black an white flyer with you company name on it and throwing them off of a highway overpass then you will Yodle.com

My honest opinion is STAY AWAY FROM YODLE.COM horrible horrible horrible company!!!!

Sorry for the long rant, I'm still pretty angry about this.

www.JerseyRemodeling.com

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I haven't been on this forum for quite some time, today I had some free time and I noticed this question. My opinion is don't do anything with this company, don't give them one penny of your money. I signed up with yodel.com because their sales people called me and promised me 34-70 leads per month for about $600 per month, they wanted the money for 3 months up front, of course. I took the bait and signed up with them. And this is what I got:

They proceeded to build me a "custom" website which is obviously taken from one of their templates (http://www.cabinetrymorristown.com) that looked like it took them all of 2 minutes to do.

I asked for them to market me as a full service kitchen remodeler and for the first 2 weeks I must have spent over 30 hours on the phone explaining to them what is a kitchen remodeler, because they seem to think painting cabinets, refinishing cabinets, and assembling Ikea cabinets is the same as kitchen remodeling.

After the first 2 weeks and countless hours on the phone with what seems to be inexperienced minimum wage workers I gave up trying improve their "custom built" site that they made for me.

Fast forward to today which is my last week with yodel and to this day I have not received 1 lead. I got about 20 telemarketer phone calls, calls for the old owner of the phone number they assigned to my campaign, 2 calls for services that I do not offer like cabinet painting and refinishing, and not one single call for a kitchen remodel estimate.

2 days ago I get a call from an account manager at Yodle asking me how things are going because our contract is almost at the expiration date. I told him my story and he did pull up my account and realized how much crap they put me through. He was very sympathetic and offered me a deeply discounted rate of $300 per month for them to continue doing what they do for me. At which point I asked him "why wold I give you any more money? You couldn't get me results at $600 per month, how can you get me results at $300 per month?

This company is absolutely horrible, you will have better luck if you go with Home Advisor or Reliable Remodeler, yea, I know, that speaks volumes for the quality of this service.

You will have better luck if you spend the money on making 100,000 copies of a black an white flyer with you company name on it and throwing them off of a highway overpass then you will Yodle.com

My honest opinion is STAY AWAY FROM YODLE.COM horrible horrible horrible company!!!!

www.JerseyRemodeling.com

Well that sums them up in one reply lol

Whats weird is they are offering me all that for $250 a month. I told the guy i would call him back in a few weeks and he kept calling me and each time i told him i have his number and i will call him back. He called again a few days later and i told him that he's pissing me off and dont call me again. Wont be returning his call after seeing this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well that sums them up in one reply lol

Whats weird is they are offering me all that for $250 a month. I told the guy i would call him back in a few weeks and he kept calling me and each time i told him i have his number and i will call him back. He called again a few days later and i told him that he's pissing me off and dont call me again. Wont be returning his call after seeing this.

Best marketing decision you'll make this year. I guarantee it will result in at least $250 in your pocket per month, :clap::thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

www.JerseyRemodeling.com
I see you have a new site
www.JerseyRemodeling.com

How is that working out?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
You will have better luck if you spend the money on making 100,000 copies of a black an white flyer with you company name on it and throwing them off of a highway overpass
www.JerseyRemodeling.com[/QUOTE]

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts