Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gumby
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a website but I have not put my email on it for fear of getting spammed by the bots. Is there an app I can get to hide my email address from the spambots? Like the one where you have to type in the squigly letters before sending an inquiry?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and this is my website and it has no viruses.:clap:
Even better I got a job from it and that paid for it for the year:thumbup:

www.cfil1.com

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
I have a website but I have not put my email on it for fear of getting spammed by the bots. Is there an app I can get to hide my email address from the spambots? Like the one where you have to type in the squigly letters before sending an inquiry?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and this is my website and it has no viruses.:clap:
Even better I got a job from it and that paid for it for the year:thumbup:

www.cfil1.com
Have your web guy setup the visible email address in javascript. That way, a bot can't scan the code looking for [email protected].

Problem solved.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've seen reCAPTCHA used on many sites. You might want to consider it. Not that hard to install, you don't need to create your own script: http://mailhide.recaptcha.net/

Quite honestly though, I maintain the website and all marketing efforts for my company, and I don't have a big spam problem by using Google Apps for Domains. It does a fantastic job of filtering out spam. I don't suffice the need for javascript just yet.

Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the input and suggestion on this. We have been hit very hard recently with spam and will look into making the changes noted above

1 - 5 of 5 Posts