Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Had these two guys at $25 and $30 an hour for work we had to completely redo.
Thankfully my company policies state we will withhold final payments until projects reach substantial completion so I've been forced to do so until we finish and collect final payment.
You aware that those are the wages we pay helpers and trainees right?

Seriously, you got your money’s worth.

·
Registered
GC
1,258 Posts
I'd be more concerned with whoever scheduled carpet before the base was caulked and painted.
The issues you have with the base and covered outlet are easily corrected, finishing that base with the carpet installed is going to be time consuming.
Chopping a huge hole in the cabinet for the plumbing means you're going to have to put in a new panel anyway, rip the rest out to find the outlet. You might have to cut out the bottom as well to extend the cold water line, doesn't look like there is enough room for a stop.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
The way it's done around here is:
The disposal wire gets pulled out alongside the waste pipe, and the dishwasher wire comes out on the floor at the dishwasher space. Both of these are done by a combination of the electrician and the drywall hanger. The trim Carpenter wouldn't have been the issue.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
copes are faster due to no fiddling to get the joint to fit . miters need to be more precise ,walls not always exact 90 . cope makes up for off wall angles much easier .keep coping .
But if you're mitering who does that? Obviously they didn't do it here. When I see any inside corners mitered it's thrown up, f**k it, caulk it.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
A lot of base in corner issues are due to floating/gap to slab & rock etc. small cut pieces of scrap base in corners to push bottom out a bit often takes care of that. But — a $25. an helper won’t know this. So, sounds like some training might be in order if you have that does know

Mike

1 - 20 of 58 Posts