Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on shingle hoists. What brand? Gas or Electric? Most of our work is residential with 30% being Multi Family.

Thank you!

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
I thought i seen

I thought i seen once a like regular ladder with a motor attached to it and you just put the shingles on it and like they went up the ladder. Ask grumpy he would know.

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
laddervator....only usefull on steep or inaccessible jobs. I bought mine from Race Roofing Supplies in Bensenville, IL. ABC Supply sells them also. I got the four hundred pound capacity unit because I use it to hoist gravel on small BUR jobs. I think it was around 2000.00 If you get the Briggs and Stratton Model, it was a couple hundred less. I got the Honda motor.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Yeah we discussed this in another thread and I have one, much like Aaron described but I bought it used, with some extensions, for half price. I have the briggs engine and have had no problem after I drained the old gas.

I wouldn't say it's ONLY useful on steep roofs. I'd use it on any roof where it is long enough, flat or sloped. I prefer my materials ground delivered on sloped roofs but on LARGE flat roofs I prefer a roof top delivery, when possible, and a laddervator when not possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts