Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of you roofers ever made or have plans in your head(s) about building a lift that attaches to your ladders and does the "humping" for you.... one that is powered by a 110 volt electric motor or 12 volt(s) DC powered ???????

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
google...laddervator

$1500...yes
safe and OSHA approved......also yes

maybe a homemade one would be too...but it may get some scrutiny from an inspector

·
Registered
375 Posts
These things have been on the market for years. We ran one in Chicago back in the '90's that had a Briggs and Stratton attatched. It was purchased through the local roofing supply/distributor (not Lowes or HomeDepote). We hoisted 2 bundles at a time over 40 ft. up. It got up so much momentum it would toss the bundles up at the catcher. We also use to hoist plywood with it.

There's probably even better ones available now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Check out this link

Exactly what we used, but only better.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I have a 36' (further extendable) laddervator with a briggs 3.5 horsepower engine and a 400# capacity.

It definetly tosses the bundles at the catcher I have the bruises on my arms to prove it. It takes a little getting used to as the catcher and control man at the ground so it doesn't throw the bundles.

Even though mine is capable of 400# we only lift one bundle at a time. Not many guys can catch two bundles at once.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
my advice would be this. I was talking to the contractor who did my house ask him about those he said he has one and only gave 200 dollars for it. Said he bought it from a women whos husband passed away. He did say a new one would be in the 1200 dollar ballpark. So just keep you eyes open and maybe you will get lucky. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I havn't seen one of those in 30 years. In my area rooftop delivery from a conveyor truck is almost 100% even for small loads.

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
If youre going to invest in one, at least get the Honda Motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts