Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a shed at my place we weren't using anymore so I decided too turn it into a one bedroom unit with bathroom kitchen etc. thought I'd post some pictures of my setting work... I'm a carpenter and we mostly do insurance work so ver the last 3 years I've taught myself most of the ins and out of drywall finishing but I've got a lot too learn... This is one of the first jobs I've tried my new auto tools on... I've run glazers forever but only very recently purchased some flat boxes. Let me know what you guys think and any tips would be appreciated. All ceiling too wall junctions are set into magic angle. Trim tex ext beads used and against truss and obstructions I've used trimtex tear away flat bead. Plasterboard as we call it is 10mm or 3/8 I think n your talk.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
21ft x 24 ft ceilings are 15ft too inside apex. Yeah all council approved and drawn. I've put a partition down the centre of building too keep other side for vehicles/storage.

·
Contractor
7,408 Posts
That's one heck of a shed. We can't do that in my neighborhood.

I can't do dry wall finishing, so I won't comment on that...but nice building. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I'm a remodeling contractor so don't do drywall all of the time but do my share of it.Old school.No fancy tools although I would like to try some of them.Especially on tall ceilings and corners.
Did a 16 X 18 bedroom the other day and my helper brought his banjo.He mixed the mud a bit to thick and didn't claen it out good enough after the last use.I had the room mudded and taped before he got it working.Hot mud ,a 4" tapered and 6" knife.
Would still like to try some of the fancy tools.Just can't justify the price for the use for me.
Good luck on the project and keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts