Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A builder I do work for is having me put some standing seam on a new build and he seems to value my advice on things. So the question. It is a fairly low pitch roof shed style roof , will be full ice and water on it, with the standing seam, He was wondering or thinking of putting Zip sheeting on it, See any need or value in doing that , think he said it is $ 60 some a sheet. It's his call in the end .

Thanks

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I suggesed that to him today. Said the HO was ok with paying the extra for it and he already ordered it. I don't think it is needed neither. Oh well tried .

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found out yesterday that the roof is 32 ft in length, 12" standing seam panels. So will have to figure out a plan o get them on the roof;

·
Pro
4,814 Posts
Longest panels I've worked with were 2'x76'. We had a few hundred feet of those lifted via crane. A guy that used to work for me did 150' panels, formed on site and lifted with a bunch of guys on ladders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Longest panels I've worked with were 2'x76'. We had a few hundred feet of those lifted via crane. A guy that used to work for me did 150' panels, formed on site and lifted with a bunch of guys on ladders.

Think got a plan. Will use 20 ft I joist fastened to my lift then make cradle to stand the panel on edge the lift it up to the roof.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

·
Pro
4,814 Posts
Think got a plan. Will use 20 ft I joist fastened to my lift then make cradle to stand the panel on edge the lift it up to the roof.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
Fantastic. We'd do 30-40' panels in a similar way.

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
We just put a strap around them at each end, making them a tube and lift from the ground.

Quick and easy if you have a ground guy. If it's a tall barn, we set up a run of scaffolding for tools and to lift the panels.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We just put a strap around them at each end, making them a tube and lift from the ground.

Quick and easy if you have a ground guy. If it's a tall barn, we set up a run of scaffolding for tools and to lift the panels.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I can see that for 3' panel and have done it. smaller standing seam does not work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts