Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Doer of Many Things!!!
837 Posts
The Design Texture line is one of the best bang for the buck carpets you can get from Shaw. We sell a ton of it. It has one of their best fibers and best warranties without breaking the bank. Silver, Gold, and Platinum increase in weight and density as you move up. Obviously Platinum is the best. The Platinum should be available in 12 or 15 foot widths where the other two are 12 only.

·
Flooring Installer
796 Posts
Ugh. I hate sofbac. When a 12x12 weighs as much as a small car, it's bad for those of us who work alone. :censored:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I hear ya, I just like it cause it's not brittle and doesn't scratch baseboard, edges, etc. And for its integrity not to loosen up as easily for a re-stretch.

·
Flooring Installer
796 Posts
I hear ya, I just like it cause it's not brittle and doesn't scratch baseboard, edges, etc. And for its integrity not to loosen up as easily for a re-stretch.
I had an inspector tell me he had a lot of restretch complaints on sofbac. I suppose because it is so hard to stretch in the first place.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used Shaw carpet in my own house, not sure what series but it was part of the "recycled" backing or something along those lines. It had a really good warranty and it has held up well. I would purchase the same carpet again without hesitation.

·
Flooring Installer
796 Posts
I see it once a month
I let my helpers carry it
Double I wish
With Hispanic invasion on labor
They dropped prices to the Stone Age
Here in calif
I'm lucky. I'm semi-retired. What work I do is for old customers who won't use anyone else. I get my price and no argument. I did three houses last year for a customer who always calls to make sure I'm still installing. Calls me a month before he's ready. Gives me a key and tells me to let him know when I am done. Usually has me start a month before he needs it finished.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not me bad investments
So working 6 days a week
I'm 60 , my wife is 23
So keeps me hopping
Lino job today in bodega bay
With a cry baby helper

1 - 18 of 18 Posts