Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It seems the consensus Is leaning to razor. Which is pretty much what I've found researching it.

Single blade seems to be easiest on the skin. Will check out the ''brush'' thing.

Might pick up rechargeable/electric and try it out for in between shaves.

Like others said, I go to work with whiskers most days. If meeting new customers I'll try to shave. But one days worth of stubble could pass depending on the neighborhood. :whistling

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have been "around the world" when it comes to shaving. My first was about 60 years ago.

My dad always used a Gillette double side razor with blades what could be "flipped" to gain a day or too.

I started with similar razor with the ultimate at the time (stainless steel) double edged Gillette blades. After that I tried all the "new" and "better" systems available. I did use a Braun foil razor from Germany the was heads above any other electric razor, but the floating multi-head Norelco razors were not too too bad. I always had a wet shave razor available for a good shave.

Since then, I have every possible blade system "gimmick" that Gillette comes up with and almost free razor that is incompatible with all of the systems with planned obsolescence.

I now am back to a basic Gillette Atra that is small, light and also trim and I can still get the blades and they are a dollar or two cheaper the the fancy models with pivoting, swivel blades powered by battery that shakes/vibrates them and does not allow any trimming to speak of. I use Nivea Shaving Gel after a good face wash and then do not need an after shave conditioner.

Somehow, there is something about a good shave that leaves yo fresh after being forced to look at yourself "eye to eye" in the mirror for a couple of minutes.

Reactions: Big Shoe

·
Registered
573 Posts
I use a electric beard trimmer. Either rock the stubble look or shave with a blade. I just buy a pack of name brand disposable's. One 12 pack will last a year or more. One small can of barbasol from the dollar store has lasted for over year maybe two.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts