Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm looking for a few new cutter heads for my shaper 3/4 or 1" BORE size. The One design I cant find but need to replace the old one. Reg buy from places like Grizzly tools(they dont have that head any more) any thoughts.
Thank you

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying you can not find 3/4" or 1" bore cutters?
I can find them but not the ones I'm looking for. Door and style cutter heads. Not all the dist. stock the same pro files so I'm looking for new names or locations. They may have the one pro file I need.

I'll see if I can figure out the pic attachment and post some pictures of cab we built with the profile I'm looking for. The company I think I bought it from years back doesn't Have that line any more. Another company I bought from is gone. I wonder why in this econ. :whistling
thank you

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,535 Posts
Without knowing the profile how are we suppose to give you help?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Like Leo says, we need at least a name of the profile to be of much help.

I'm not even sure what a door cutter is. Do you mean the cope and stick cutters? A panel raising cutter? Both?

What profile was your original? ovalo? Ogee? Square sticking? Throw us a bone here.

If you're asking about manufactures, there are lots to choose from.

Did you try Freud? What about Freeborn? The list goes on...
I'd think a google search for 1" shaper cutter would be in order.

Bob

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Byrd Tool and Freeborn Tool might have what you are looking for. If it's something you use all the time, you'd be better off with the insert tooling heads. They're awesome.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Byrd Tool and Freeborn Tool might have what you are looking for. If it's something you use all the time, you'd be better off with the insert tooling heads. They're awesome.
I like your sig
I use Alex Grambell quote on all emails. I.E. A man as a general rule,owes very little to what he is born with-a man is what he makes of himself end quote

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also try "Infinity Tools" in Florida. The company was started by a former engineer from Freud I believe. I have several of their shaper bits and some of their router bits and I am very satisfied with both price and quality.

·
Artist and not a curator
14,578 Posts
Try cmt orange tools, they sell a 3/4" bore with inserts and stock like 200 profiles for about $40 each. Can't beat the price and availability.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts