Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2000 I bought a SOG multi tool, I've been using it every day for the last 9 years. I noticed it looking a little ragged so I mailed it in for a tune up.

They replaced the knife blade, plier head, bottle opener, hex, 1/4" drive spring, cleaned it, sharpened the file and saw blade, loctited the bolts, lubricated all moving parts, and overnighted it back to me at no charge.

There's not very many companies that will gurantee their product no questions asked after 9 years of daily commercial use.

If you're in the market for a new knife or multi-tool check out SOG. Made right here in the USA in Lynnwood WA.

www.sogknives.com

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the best $110 I ever spent. In another 9 years I'll mail it back for another tune up.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Funny Father's day story

About 15 years ago I get a Leatherman from my 3 boys. I knew full well where they got it and how much it cost.
They got it at the lumberyard where I was doing business at the time and it cost more than I thought they should be spending on me.
So I mention something about how generous of a gift it is and my wife chimes in and tells me that they chipped in and she covered the rest.
All is well then.

I get my lumber bill and there is the Leatherman. I chase down my wife for an explanation. She says the kids gave her cash and she charged it thinking we would get a better price.
Where is the cash? I ask.

"Just pay the fookin bill" was how I think her response went.

I don't go in the woods with out it.

Pisses her off everytime I tell the story to whoever will listen.:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.