Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Renaissance Man
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at this thing I'm working next too...It's about 20 years old or so says my customer. Maybe I should drop off a card to the guy.

I don't even want to park close to it :eek:

Have at it fella's :laughing:

Attachments

·
GC/carpenter
44,329 Posts
Man that's a lot of weight for that structure, not to mention there's not one knee brace. I'm not going to get into how ugly it is.

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
Look at this thing I'm working next too...It's about 20 years old or so says my customer. Maybe I should drop off a card to the guy.

I don't even want to park close to it :eek:

Have at it fella's :laughing:
So it looks like it just never got finished?

I have some 20 year old projects like that, but not that obvious to the neighbors.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
So it looks like it just never got finished?

I have some 20 year old projects like that, but not that obvious to the neighbors.
:laughing::laughing:

Dam, you could be writing for me.

Since we are getting ready to sell this place my wife has conveniently reminded me of the "project" list...:laughing:

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
a coat of varnish and its good as new

·
GC/carpenter
44,329 Posts
superseal said:
It is PT at least...look at the point loads for that roof :thumbup: Ya, that should hold. Only lateral brace is the under carriage diagonal board. Columns are cracked quite a bit to.
Good point, the posts holding up the roof are tied to the rim. If the rim fails its curtains.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Just because it's ugly/old doesn't mean its bad.

If that was true the JonMon would be fighting in the cage.

If the ledger fails on any upstairs deck its over. I kinda like it my own self, it has survived the test of time, provided the Folks a roof, a deck area, and a carport for seemingly a lot of years and still does. Hefty beam holding everything up and a big ol diagonal placed country stile.

Rock On old creeky Deck :thumbup:

JonMon www.deckmastersllc.com

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I kinda like the angled shadowbox ballusters... matches the fence:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.