Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, please see attached photo DSC_0803 [640x480].JPG

My questions:

1. Does this type of water ponding on a new modified bitumen roof OK? As the water seems to sit there for a while now, and the surface area with water start to turn rusty color (not sure why, maybe it was because of the aluminum coating?). If the water continue to sit there for a while, could that potentially create some bigger problem (this house is in San Francisco, and we have fog all year round - not too much sunshine here).

2. Usually how would a professional roofer handle/address this type of problem?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
what did your roofer say?

Is your customer complaining? Don't know California roofing -here the Illinois roofing council answers contractor questions and settles disputes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As long as your seems are done right and everything is done right then you will never have a problem. However if the owner does not like it then there are some options that you can do. The cheapest option put a trench in it. The more expensive route. Tear off that part of the new roof and build it up to shed the water.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wet in Sanfran

Dear all, please see attached photo View attachment 21530

My questions:

1. Does this type of water ponding on a new modified bitumen roof OK? As the water seems to sit there for a while now, and the surface area with water start to turn rusty color (not sure why, maybe it was because of the aluminum coating?). If the water continue to sit there for a while, could that potentially create some bigger problem (this house is in San Francisco, and we have fog all year round - not too much sunshine here).

2. Usually how would a professional roofer handle/address this type of problem?

Thanks!!
Usually water no like fog and these two combination very bad. If water is sitting that's Ok but you say rusty? that's not good. Maybe a landscape technician could have better ideas about ponds. Is it deep enough for gold fish? I am concerned about the lack of sun in your area. Can you sell and move to Michigan or Washington?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Usually water no like fog and these two combination very bad. If water is sitting that's Ok but you say rusty? that's not good. Maybe a landscape technician could have better ideas about ponds. Is it deep enough for gold fish? I am concerned about the lack of sun in your area. Can you sell and move to Michigan or Washington?

I can't believe I beat Mike Finley to this one! :clap::thumbup:

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
This is the 4th Forum you have posted this question on and you have already gotten your answers.

Ed

Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.