Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Engineers have proposed an unconventional solution to the Millennium Tower’s tilting troubles: drilling piles down to bedrock to stabilize one side of the 58-story condo high-rise and then letting the other side continue to sink until the building straightens itself.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea...-proposed-for-sinking-Millennium-12833795.php

Make sense.
Ram Jack on steroids to bedrock!! Worth a try. If they can find someone to touch the mess!! Owners are going to take this one in the tail pipe! In a BIG way!! The city will sit on its hands till the earth shakes, (might be next week) and she falls in the street!! Then its Gods fault!! Some are for sale at 1/2 price. No takers! Sucks for them

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
^^^ I'm very apolitical here in USA. But what happen here is typical for a liberal mind or set of minds. Just bury head in sand and whatever happen. Lol at city of SF incapable idiots.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Not to mention, this may be a case of "he who touches it last, owns it". Any further increase in sinking or tilting may be blamed on "incorrect operations" of the guys attempting the repair. If I was their insurance carrier, I'd tell them not to touch this without a bible thick pile of legal waivers. When deaths occur, everyone gets sued.
I completely forget about this. Randomly bump at youtube again.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts