Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am looking for some help for a friend of mine - he is having problems locating the source/problem with a sewage smell coming from inside his cottage in the area of the sewage pump. I will try to give as much detail as possible but if you have any questions or need more details please let me know and I will get them answered.

Basically, the set-up for his sewage system is that there is a sewage pump inside the cottage that automatically kicks in and pumps the waste out into the septic tank each time anything goes down the pipes. The run from the cottage to the septic tank is approx. 15-20 feet. The entire system is only about a year old. It is in a cold climate but he had no problems last winter and it was a colder winter. I was speculating that perhaps there was a filter of some sort that may need to be replaced/cleaned???

This is really outside my realm of knowledge so I would be grateful for any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check the seals on the top of the ejector sump to make sure that everthing is water tight. Also check for lonely abandoned floor drains that havent been used in some time. The water will evaporate out of the trap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts