Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a google search for my business name and stumbled onto their site. They have pictures from my site, copy and pasted text from my about us page, my logo, etc.

I never registered with them, nor gave permission for them to take copy and images from my site.

How would you handle this? Leave it be or request it removed?

http://www.servicelane.com

·
Registered
271 Posts
It seems to me like you got a free directory listing with a dofollow backlink. What's the harm in that?

If they are not using your phone number or contact info, that's another thing altogether. Usually when this happens you are using a company like home advisor that will put your info out there with their phone number so they get paid if someone calls.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does have my address, website, and phone.

I did check for backlinks (which never seem to add up), but it wasn't listed as a backlink. Not sure if the duplicate content would hurt SEO or not, they did copy a bit from the site word for word.

It's actually a nice looking profile on service lane. Just kinda irks me that they took everything from my site. Sure it's a free listing, but it also puts my competition directly in front of the customer. Especially since I don't have a paid listing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I doubt you'll ever get a call from it. Count it as a backlink and forget about it. I have this add-on on my browser that I can right click to activate called nodofollow. If they light up red it is a nofollow link. If it lights up blue it is a dofollow link. The latter are supposed to be better. It was blue on their site. I wouldn't worry about copied text on one listing.

I am not seeing any downside here, only upside. You might even get a call from there some day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts