Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS SEEN A HOUSE WRAP NOT TYVEK THIS IS GREEN AND HAS A BACKWARDS E ON IT. FEEDBACK PLEASE CURIOUS. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I googled it and found plenty of sites for the stuff. I've never heard of it which seems kind of weird to me given it's claims.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Teetor

Wow its not a backward's e its a g and the stuff looks awesome. I finally got home a my neighbor is having is house vinyl sided they took off old glap boards and wrap house in green house wrap. I had never seen that stuff before but according to website i found by manf. it looks awesome. When i had my house vinyl sided a couple of months ago they removed old clap boards then wrap in tyvek after reading about this stuff i feel kinda ripped off. But Tyvek is a standard in house wrapping. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
To be perfectly honest, some of this 'green' stuff has me bothered.
In the context of 'renewable resources', it supplies us with MFD, particleboard, OSB and a variety of materials that I would never consider for anything. It also inudates us with softwood materials that arrive wet, are (technologically) weak and corkscrew all over the place as they dry.
We are currently in mid-stream green and it sucks, bites, blows, is not very good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts