Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have distribution of prefinished floor, tile and laminate. I want to start selling more to the installers. I can’t see installers paying Home Depot double prices instead of putting into there own pocket.

I tried mass faxing, but that works only to bigger company and often gets to just a secretary.
How would I contact most installers cost effectively and professional?

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
hmmm...I am not sure of a good way to do it.
Find em and mail em is what I would think.

·
Registered
163 Posts
vegaskurt said:
Go to home depot, get a list of their private installers and call em
I can't see HD giving out contact information for installers who's services they intend to sell to their customers. A better bet would be to go to local supplyhouses. Contact installer's trade magazines and find out their advertizing rates.

HTH
Don

·
Registered
15 Posts
Benhamcarpetguy said:
I can't see HD giving out contact information for installers who's services they intend to sell to their customers. A better bet would be to go to local supplyhouses. Contact installer's trade magazines and find out their advertizing rates.

HTH
Don

They will, I've done it before. Just call up the local home depot and say you just bought some pergo and need it installed. They gave me 3 names. But then again this was a year or so ago so their policy might have changed.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Here HD has a 3rd party based in Orlando that handles their installs. HD charges $2.75 a sq. ft. and the installer is paid $1.10. How do I know? I once applied to be an installer for them.
I currently charge $2.50 and do a much better job, faster too. The intermediary routinly screws up the orders.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Calling home depot is very time consuming. I sell in three states (local deliveries) and common carrier to 45 more.
My favorite way (it’s fun too) to make a store to buy floor from me is to call and ask for quote on big order. And then ask the owner how much he would pay to buy this order from me. 99% I can fit in the prices and get my foot in the door.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Agnessa, You still haven't told us where you are. How are we supposed to know if we can deal with you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts