Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Gent's.
Let me see your Sortainer setups. What it holds, blah, blah.

I just need some enablers to help me jump the gun on them. Looking at getting two 9's and a 12.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I took the boxes out of a sys 1 box and put them in the bottom drawer of a sortainer 4. This setup is much better because it is a pain always leaving the sys 1 box on the top of your stack while working. This way I leave the sortainer on the bottom of a stack or on a ct vac.

Its also nice being able to put the box of screws in your pouch instead of taking the whole drawer.

image-2378732723.jpg

image-3658082378.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BBBuild - If it was static home, I'm putting coin towards a Lista Cabinet.

For all others, how LOADED is your rig. Light stuff I don't see a issue with tipover.....
Curious , like BC's nails/staples setup, does the drawers slide out easily if tipped just a bit on the incline.

What I'm hesitant about is due to non *locking* capabilites, a whole slew of SKITTLES all over the floor if one was to tip over and all spill out.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
BBBuild - If it was static home, I'm putting coin towards a Lista Cabinet.

For all others, how LOADED is your rig. Light stuff I don't see a issue with tipover.....
Curious , like BC's nails/staples setup, does the drawers slide out easily if tipped just a bit on the incline.

What I'm hesitant about is due to non *locking* capabilites, a whole slew of SKITTLES all over the floor if one was to tip over and all spill out.
I have never had a jamb in mine and it's at the rear of my trailer so worst possible place it could be. They do have locks on the draws so they shouldn't slide out. The thing is so heavy though its unreal. im amazed the catches and handle hold out on the systainers above i lift with.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
The drawers jam all the time but they never spill out by accident.

I came up with something that helps with the jamming a little bit.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
So the screws are binding up and not the draws them self. I use it a lot. Prob open them draws 5/6x a day most days as I swap gauges, lengths and types of nail I'm using a lot.
Yeah that's what I mean, I overfill them or things flip over and they bind up.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Screws definitely can be a problem. I just try not to fill them too much. Bouncing around in the truck they can shift into a pile which will jam the drawer.

I have one I have screws used for making cabinets in. I usually leave that particular one in the shop.

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
I think I'm going to start the official systainer set up thread!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts