Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I wanted to check with ya'll to get your professional opinion. I am looking into selling this product, but wanted your thoughts on this.
http://www.copperwatcher.com/

Would you use them?
Would your clients use them?
Do you think they are a fad?
Is there something better?
Other thoughts/ideas?

Thanks,

Lyle

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
I think that timing is the key. People will want this right after they've been victimized. Unless a theft takes place, people generally think that this can't happen to them. Also I consider that thieves are getting smarter, stronger, and faster. I would imagine that someone could get the copper faster than the police could ever catch up with them. OR they take everything other than what's protected by the sensor (if they know that it's there). Or perhaps they can steal it in broad daylight pretending to be a service technician doing maintenance work. During the daytime the sensor probably wouldn't be armed.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I am guilty of not reading the all the details, but, the equipment sends an alarm when the pressures and voltage is not right?

The thing is , once the thieves start to tamper with the air conditioner, the damage is is done. I would think you want to design something that alarms (motion sensors ?) before somebody even attempts to tamper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts