Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Sears Siding

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Crafty1 
#1 ·
Does Anyone Know What Sears Pays Subs TO Install Vinyl Siding?

#5 ·
Well if it was me I would kind of figure out what you are going to need to make a living and base it off of that.

So with him providing some things are you a employee? If not need to make sure you have your business in order. And if he is just going to 1099 you that means you have to pay all of your own taxes.

Good luck

#7 ·
I am getting a 1099 and I do realize I have to pay my own Taxes. He is offering $60 a square plus $5 for insulation board and $1.50 ft for Fascia. He isnt adding for 2 story and I figure Sears pays a little more for that. Im young but not stupid ( I THINK) LOL

#8 ·
OTS said:
I am getting a 1099 and I do realize I have to pay my own Taxes. He is offering $60 a square plus $5 for insulation board and $1.50 ft for Fascia. He isnt adding for 2 story and I figure Sears pays a little more for that. Im young but not stupid ( I THINK) LOL
You're stupid if you accept those rates. You'll be out of money real quick. Tell that guy to get out of the business.

#10 ·
Charge whatever you can. We can't answer that for you. Remember, piece rate only works if you charge for all the pieces...starter, j-channel, window wraps, etc...and run from Sears. Those guys are high pressure worthless salesman without any regard for you or the customer.

#14 ·
Sears is nothing more than a middle man between you and the customer sucking up your profits and leaving you with the crumbs. Its one thing if you need the actual on the job experience of doing the work then for a little while is one thing but from a business stand point you will end up breaking even at the end of the week.

#15 ·
over the years iv'e had occasion to have a ''sit down'' with siding co.owners and there comes a point when discussing numbers when they slide their price list over to me...

there is always a certain kind of pleasure throwing my price list on top and sliding it back over to them..the look is priceless

#16 ·
Not enough, I charge more than double those rates and have first hand experience with Sears,they are a meat grinder that will have you delivering all the materials to the job,removing all the debris,and collecting the check from the customer while resisting the urge to tell the customer just how bad you feel that they were overcharged...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.