Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gutter Hanger
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used GutterWorks.com, Guttersupply.com, American and Lynch Aluminum among others for seamless gutter hardware & tools. Coil & downspout I buy from a local building supply place, the obvious reasons being that freight cost makes it prohibitive. The per pound price is comparable or better than most online places anyway. They'll also cut large coils of color stock into custom weight or length at their warehouses 70 or 80 miles away and ship it to the local store. This means that I don't have 300 pounds of a seldom used color laying in my barn forever. It also means that I can get matching downspout easier.
Anyone have any other online sources for gutter materials that they've had good luck with?

·
55 Posts
We use the local ABC supply for coil and downspouts.

I like to use US Aluminum for hangers, screws and pop rivets. They have better prices and they ship free for orders over $100.00

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I've used GutterWorks.com, Guttersupply.com, American and Lynch Aluminum among others for seamless gutter hardware & tools. Coil & downspout I buy from a local building supply place, the obvious reasons being that freight cost makes it prohibitive. The per pound price is comparable or better than most online places anyway. They'll also cut large coils of color stock into custom weight or length at their warehouses 70 or 80 miles away and ship it to the local store. This means that I don't have 300 pounds of a seldom used color laying in my barn forever. It also means that I can get matching downspout easier.
Anyone have any other online sources for gutter materials that they've had good luck with?
Try google!

·
Gutter Hanger
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try google!
You don't say! :jester:

Google's been done and over done. It doesn't turn up everything on the net, so I thought I'd ask around from some folks who have been there.
AAA, my local ABC can't seem to much for me other than downspout. I've been using downspout that I really am happy with from a local supplier called Erie Materials. Did you mean American out of Iowa for the free shipping on orders over $100? I've used them and they aren't bad either.

·
Gutter Hanger
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just use a local distributor.
Your link does nothing for me and is irrelevant to my question on internet suppliers. Not all of us are fortunate enough to live in an area with plentiful seamless gutter suppliers, hence the online search to find decent merchandise at a discount.

Grumpy - Although I've dealt with them and had good luck, I'm now in the process of sending an order back to GutterSupply.com. At $4.73 a pop, I just got an order of 40 6" rivet on end caps that were apparently poorly handled/packed at the warehouse. Many scratched, scuffed and dirty or stained.
However, Cindy gave a fast reply to my email complaint. They're picking up the return shipping charge and sending me a new order. So all is not lost and I'm not going to bad mouth them and write them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts