Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, As I mentioned I picked up a 20ft sea can for tool storage and skid steer attachment storage

I’ve been trying to figure out the best use of space and came up with two options. I wanted to see if the creative power here had any other suggestions. The second option shows my two attachments stacked to take up less space I haven’t figured out how I want to do that yet. I was originally thinking of making carts for them but that doesn’t work if they are stacked.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I would consider putting attachments under shelving. Put attachments on pallets, & move with pallet jack. Do std. steel shelf units for clear span across width of box.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,395 Posts
I’d be inclined to store the trencher and broom under a lean-to adjacent to the container, if possible. Then you have space to hook them up easier and you don’t have really heavy stuff in front of your shelving.

Maybe that’s either not an option or defeats the purpose. If so, I would palletize the attachments (assuming you have forks for skid), and not stack them. Then I would lay it out like option A.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’d be inclined to store the trencher and broom under a lean-to adjacent to the container, if possible. Then you have space to hook them up easier and you don’t have really heavy stuff in front of your shelving.

Maybe that’s either not an option or defeats the purpose. If so, I would palletize the attachments (assuming you have forks for skid), and not stack them. Then I would lay it out like option A.
Unfortunately they have to be in the container.
I was thinking of maybe adding a trolly crane to move them down the container. It will take up less room then a pallet jack and let me stack them to save floor space

something like this
Product Wood Composite material Engineering Gas

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Pallet jacks take very litle room if you park them into a pallet. They just make life easier. It's way easier than building wheeled pallets, & have far more uses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts