Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people around here use the GRK's which are really nice. A local place has some decent brand from across the border, but the ones I am fancying lately unfortunately I got at HD.

Spax. I never heard of them, but they apparently have been here for awhile and from the short investigating I did, I found that they are ramping things up.

I can't seem to find bulk though, like 5000 to a box. I can get these little 90 pc. 1 lb. boxes which don't do me any good.

I like the spax because there's this little tip on the end of the torx that seems to lock the screw to the bit. The box says you can drill them into masonry too. I'm not too keen about that, but I am going to try it out and see for myself.

You guys have any fastener preferences?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I use all 316 SS. Never rusts, never swells.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Most people around here use the GRK's which are really nice. A local place has some decent brand from across the border, but the ones I am fancying lately unfortunately I got at HD.

Spax. I never heard of them, but they apparently have been here for awhile and from the short investigating I did, I found that they are ramping things up.

I can't seem to find bulk though, like 5000 to a box. I can get these little 90 pc. 1 lb. boxes which don't do me any good.

I like the spax because there's this little tip on the end of the torx that seems to lock the screw to the bit. The box says you can drill them into masonry too. I'm not too keen about that, but I am going to try it out and see for myself.

You guys have any fastener preferences?
I usually use Spax instead of Tapcons.
I really like the Spax lags.
Here's their spec chart....

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts