Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is needed to repair damaged screen and screen rooms in florida. my employees will be 1099 and have there own equipment and trucks. what should insurance cost. thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
workers

in florida it is a real pain in the ass. you have to have each one of your guys incorporate. then they each need ot get their own corkers comp insurance. Otherwise they have to be empolyees. I am not sure if these rules apply to the guys doing screen work. But I tell you what there are a ******************** load of these things to be fixed.

What do you know about them? Are they hard to build? I am currently working for a roofing company and considering making a move oout of that and into the screen biz. Let me know what you knwo about building these things.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I'm trying to get my pool enclosure replaced and managed to get an audience with the owner of Pioneer Screen today. He currently has over 600 contracts and can't even give me an estimate until next fall. I'd say that there is room for some more contractors.
He also mentioned that there is a move towards imposing the Miami-Dade code soon, might want to look into that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts