Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a 16 by 22 screen porch and I am trying to track down a screen system that is BLACK and mounted to the outside of the cedar posts.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've used the screen tight system a couple of times. Rather costly but very simple to use. IMO it is not the most attractive system but does make replacing screens a snap.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I've used the screen tight system a couple of times. Rather costly but very simple to use. IMO it is not the most attractive system but does make replacing screens a snap.

That is the big advatage IMHO. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses!:no:
I've heard of the screen tight system and looked into it a little. I havent checked lowes for their color selection. I think screentight.com only shows a white,beige, or bronze color option. I did get a quote from screen mobile to do their on site screens and it sounds like a good deal, except that the homowner doesnt want to see the cedar posts from the outside. Any one know of other systems or vendors that offer a black system that covers the posts?

·
Housewright & Woodwright
106 Posts
nickcarpenter wrote: ". . .Any one know of other systems or vendors that offer a black system that covers the posts?
Why don't you stain the posts with a solid black stain to somewhat conceal them.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
One thing Nick..

TimberTech makes a black post wrap not really sure if they only come in rail post leangths with the kit or if you can get them in longer product. Even if you cant a person could trim around them and come up with a good look. J.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts