Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Have you tried old English for dark wood ? I've bought "scratch cover" spray, think it's made for laminate, there's also product called rejuvenate, they make several different products. I have not actually tried to hide any scratches to LVP as of yet.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a dark walnut stain marker from lowes and used it. It worked well. It was driving me crazy...HO is on vacation so no big deal.

Regarding vinyl plank...that crap is worthless. I don't plan on installing more of that. I hate putting my name on low budget crap. Installed 600 sq ft in kitchen, into laundry room, backtracked into bathroom, into two closets, all the while undercutting door casing and trying to get it to all come together. Lots of fun today.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Regarding vinyl plank...that crap is worthless. I don't plan on installing more of that. I hate putting my name on low budget crap.
Like everything else in life, there are different quality levels of just about everything.... Painting with a broad brush points out lack of understanding.

Reactions: TimelessQuality

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Doer of Many Things!!!
837 Posts
Shaw has some good products, but most of their LVT is aimed more at the budget market. Let's just assume that getting something that is stocked at Lowes is going to get you a bottom of the barrel budget product because that's all they really stock. Try a good quality LVT like US Floors Coretec Plus or Metroflor and you'll see a world of difference.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I got a dark walnut stain marker from lowes and used it. It worked well. It was driving me crazy...HO is on vacation so no big deal.

Regarding vinyl plank...that crap is worthless. I don't plan on installing more of that. I hate putting my name on low budget crap. Installed 600 sq ft in kitchen, into laundry room, backtracked into bathroom, into two closets, all the while undercutting door casing and trying to get it to all come together. Lots of fun today.
So long as you do a good job installing it, it won't reflect poorly on you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts