Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the opinions are on scrails if anyone has used them before. For those who don't know what they are. They are pneumatic screws that you can shoot into a floor or a deck an remove them with a drill bit

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I thought they worked great on the TT deck I did. Want to buy the gun?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
C2projects said:
Would work good for a subfloor as well. Maybe how much woul you be asking?
2 and a quarter usd. Don't know how much shipping would be to AB

·
Registered
77 Posts
Watch for blowout on the backside of synthetic decking. In subfloor, why would you need to back out the fasteners? Additionally, would you forgo the glue if using the scrails? If so, I would contest that method as there is no difference then with a ring or screw shank nail and forgoing the glue....

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Watch for blowout on the backside of synthetic decking. In subfloor, why would you need to back out the fasteners? Additionally, would you forgo the glue if using the scrails? If so, I would contest that method as there is no difference then with a ring or screw shank nail and forgoing the glue....
I would imagine it would be to fulfill a request by homeowner or builder. They feel screws are superior to ring shanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
RobertCDF said:
I would imagine it would be to fulfill a request by homeowner or builder. They feel screws are superior to ring shanks.
Screws are definitely superior to nails when installed using a screw gun so the subfloor/decking is "sucked" down to the joist. When shot through the gun, the amount that the scrail is kicked back prohibits this.

·
Super Moderator
44,722 Posts
They are awesome from FastenMaster for the hidden fastener gun clips. I use them on all my decks. They don't shoot into the composite material they shoot into the clip itself. They are actually a little more effective then a ring shank because the rings are more profound like a screw. But the real advantage is sometimes they need removed for whatever reason, and when you do, you will be glad they are a screw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts