Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to try and talk a HO into stained concrete floors for a remodel

i want to cut some "grout lines" in the floor and have some aluminum (sp) inserts placed in them. i have seen scored floors before and the scored lines fill up with lint and dirt and cheetos and cheerios well you get the idea

anyone done this or know the process

thanks

·
General Contractor
8,083 Posts
i am going to try and talk a HO into stained concrete floors for a remodel

i want to cut some "grout lines" in the floor and have some aluminum (sp) inserts placed in them. i have seen scored floors before and the scored lines fill up with lint and dirt and cheetos and cheerios well you get the idea

anyone done this or know the process

thanks
I've seen it done it looks real good. They used grout, but you can use inserts also. If you use inserts, you have to make sure the floor is leveled or it will look like s^*t, the grout would be much better. My buddy used acid to give that etched look, it did turned out good.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
I seen one with aluminum inserts and I think they diamond grind the floor after they put in the inserts to make it flat. then they stain the floor or whatever else that want to do.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I believe the scoring lines for the inserts are a little deep, and then the adhesive in set and the inserts leveled to the floor. I have not done it, and never really paid attention to the technical side of it, since we grout them. A good grout, sealed, will prevent the problems as well as the inserts, unless you are stuck on that specific look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts