Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a couple of Skyjacks for sale near me.
First one is a Model 3219 19' with 915.8 hrs on it.

Other one is:
Make: SKYJACK
Model: SJIII3219
Yr: 14
Serial#: 22058990
Meter: 145
Price: $6,650

Any reason to be scared of the cheaper one with more hours?
They are both coming from separate rental yards that I trust.

I will also sell it in 2 or 100 years when I am done with the insulation and electrical and ceiling work in my pole barn.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.
I'll never be able to drive it out of there, but the floor is awesome.
And the rough terrain lifts are 20k, which isn't worth it to me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Demo
860 Posts
Looking at a couple of Skyjacks for sale near me.
First one is a Model 3219 19' with 915.8 hrs on it. View attachment 514594

Other one is:
Make: SKYJACK
Model: SJIII3219
Yr: 14
Serial#: 22058990
Meter: 145
Price: $6,650

Any reason to be scared of the cheaper one with more hours?
They are both coming from separate rental yards that I trust.

I will also sell it in 2 or 100 years when I am done with the insulation and electrical and ceiling work in my pole barn.
What's the price for the one with more hr? I don't see it in OP.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Factory I worked at long ago had 3 in the maintenance area that I ordered parts for when they were required. When they got old the bushings at all the joints would start to get sloppy and would cause a little sway. Ok if you’re not the nervous type. The hoses and pumps were pretty standard but I’m sure a hose would be at least a C- note minimum. IMO i’d go with the cheaper one if it checks out. Check hoses joints, fluid tires etc and make a offer. Don’t remember ordering any pumps. Controls and limit switches would go bad because of operator error.

Forgot about the big one , the batteries might make the new one more attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
I was building branch bank about 12 yrs ago, electricians scope included solar panels on the roof. This was a free standing branch on an empty dirt lot. So they get to the panel installation before the asphalt was laid and the dumba$$ electrician rented a lift like that for his guys to work off. He didnt understand why it had trouble moving around.

·
Registered
Demo
860 Posts
If it was me, I'd probably price batteries in the little one and see what the difference is then. A lot can happen in the 771 additional hr that the cheaper one has on the meter.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I told the sales guy at United that I was considering the cheaper one, and he claims to have other options in that price range that are newer than that and with fewer hours. He'll get that info to me on Monday. He's starting to take me seriously now. (I imagine he gets a lot of tire kickers).

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
As Mesilla mentioned, check all hoses & fittings. Take it up & down a few times & check again. Take a clean rag w/you & swipe fittings. They clean em up well usually when they sell em. Your gonna have some sway. We rent em on the road often

Mike

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the thing though. I've spent a ton of time in these things over the years, but they were always rentals, and generally not rented by me. If it didn't work, call the rental company and they'll fix it right on the spot or bring one out and retrieve the broken one.
This is new territory for me.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Everything that has been advised above. Along with an issue I have seen, is a scissorlift that was victim to lots of rain and it messed up the wiring and electrical controls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts