Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k folks seems lm stuck with ****load of thin brick for one of my projects with over 400 tubes of caulking to deal with..need to get myself up to speed re caulking guns...electric to pricey..looking for basic large tube gun that's easy on the wrist...seen few things out there re 5-1 6-2 type stuff re the guns..imagine this is basicly just force ratio
recommendations...thoughts

Thanx Kindly
Critter

·
Registered
677 Posts
What are you sticking the thin brick on to that needs to stuck with caulking? Also I know nothing about caulking guns expect my $5 Home Depot one, that sucks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya theyer useless for anything other than basic stuff...install is basicly a metal grid system that gos on then caulk and apply thin brick and grout once set...is a first for me..done lotsa pargeing and thin stuff but not on a commercial scale...seen a install video and they had some guy with a wooden dowle with flush cut just draggin the silly thing across the joints....pretty mickey mouse approach..gona have to mail the manufacture a jointer fer giggles

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx will try them....funny thing is had a windshield replaced other day by 2 nice looking ladys..lmao...anyway they were using a mikita electric...looked pretty snazzy but at 400$ a pop or better is kinda outa the ball park...would buy for self mayby but to give to employs and turn them lose...well am tired of replacein tools :O)

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
If it comes in sausages, use a sausage gun.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've been doin a lot of thin brick tried the track system, but have been applying straight to wire mesh with a mortar/adhevisive mix and able to joint off at the same time worth a shot fornyou

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I like my Tajima. I also just grabbed a new one, hoping it would be a little more dripless, love that one too. Don't know the brand, I went to a Mom and Pop paint store and spent $30-40 on one gun.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
personaly would normaly parge but product specs are stuck in stone...that's what they want that's what they get..besides will be something different for a change...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
welp its begun.. bought out half dozen home depots 800+tubes of PL in my future so bought 2 of these...so far they work great..200 up north..south of the border can be had for 165$

this crap is anything but quick..am twice as fast with the real deal

another day another dollar...

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
That's got to be the most expensive way to buy adhesive in the world.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
l agree..is one of them deals where we couldn't kill the middle man..normaly their toast and we do end runs on all our products we use includeing having our own stone made.
delvelopers racein the winter..do what it takes mentality

1 - 18 of 18 Posts