Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one? I have a job that they want some Stainless tanks blasted to a uniform finish. This is a multimillion dollar project so they are pretty specific on what they want. They want it blasted, they do not want any dust, and it has to be done next week. I just quoted them $9,000 for 800 sq. ft. that includes blaster($1500), shipping of blaster($1,100), and 750cfm compressor rental($900) and I made the rate 170/hr. which includes media(glass bead), fuel, and consumables. We are figuring about 32/hrs. of blasting @25 sq. ft. an hr. This unit requires no cleanup after and re-uses the media as it goes. Any thought?

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Glass bead wouldn't be my first choice in media. Use a media that doesn't break down as much. I have a Schmidt blaster and reclaim, where are you located? thanks.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The glass bead would be good to use on the Stainless Steel. The glass bead will give you a better uniform pattern and it is a round abrasive so the surface will not have a rough profile.

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

Blastoffinc, What is the update on your job and how did your bid look? Glass beads dont produce very much dust. The peening action they produce does not fracture them

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blastpro, This unit is a portable contained closed-loop system it captures dust as you go. I am located in the Buffalo, NY area.

Panderson2414, I have not yet heard back from them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts