Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about purchasing a section or two of scaffolding for work around my house. I have already rented scaffolding twice and need it one more time. I figure for the price I pay in renting it, I could just buy some.

I am looking at either the conventional framed scafffolding or one of those multi-function scaffolding sets. Does anyone own multi-function scaffolding? Are they sturdy enough? It seems like there is a large variety in price for the multi-function scaffolding on the net and I am afraid that some of them may be junk. Or would I be better off with conventional framed scaffolding on castors?

Thanks!

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have four sets of the rolling scaffolding similar to your picture. Recently we had 3 sets stacked in a stairwell. Very solid, but it takes two people to assemble them. My drywallers love these scaffolds and use them all the time. They'll roll right through a normal door opening. I bought these at a store call Rural King for $180.00 per set. My painters still prefer the small 4' roller scaffold with two steps. I also have 40+ sections of Biljax that we use on the outside. These are usually too big and cumbersom to use inside for most jobs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!

Are these multi-function scaffolding sets good for outdoor use (i.e. siding, painting, etc) or are they primarily for indoor use? It does not appear that you can adjust the legs and I am concerned that it would be difficult to use on uneven ground.

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
269 Posts
We call that a perry baker, the smaller one that crankshaft mentioned is called a half baker. $180 a set is a pretty good deal I had one go awol on me, replaced it a couple of months ago, $212 at Westlakes, made by Buffalo. I've used them outside, you can set it for one end to be higher than the other, but you can't lengthen just one leg. They can't be beat for drywall.

Do any of you guys have one of the Little Giant ladder systems? I had seen the ladders similiar to this, but it wasn't an extension ladder. They've been running an infomercial locally on them. They look great, but hey it's TV. Anybody actually own one, any feedback. Here's a link to their site https://www.ladders.com/vcc/littlegiantladders/littlegiantladder/125756/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts